06 February 2017

Ways to Banish Chapped Lips

With Valentines Day on the horizon, no-one wanna be rocking dry, chapped, flaky lips.

Actually scrap that.
With matte lip products being bang on trend, we need all the smoothness we can get.
Flaky, dry lips and matte lippie, it's an utter car crash right?

So with all the above in mind, here are my go to products to help you on your way to having smoother, luscious and plumper lips.

chapped lips
H&M Clean Canvas Lip Scrub: This product is a bit different to Lush's (what I usually use). It isn't as corse, it is more like a balm with tiny sugar granules and almond oil in. It feels comfortable on the lips, initially maybe a little too comfortable. It doesn't feel like it is deeply buffing or exfoliating the dry skin away.
But how wrong was I?
This little beauty leaves lips feeling super, super soft, flake free and plumper. It is a great budget friendly treatment that when used daily, does help keep flaky and dry chapped lips at bay.

Sara Happ Lip Slip: A much loved product that is well used.It smells like sweet almond, and
has jojoba and macadamia oils in. It feels thick, non sticky and very nourishing on the lips. It is a clear balm with tiny glitter particles in.
I tend to use a lip scrub, and then lather this on just before I go to sleep.

Lano Lips The Original: I purchased this a good couple of years ago, it is my go-to product for when my lips are really sore, but I want a pop of colour.  It is 100% natural formula, and a little goes a long way. The main ingredient is Lanolin, which has a molecular structure that mimics you own skin oils. This shade appears like a glossy pink/ red on the lip, and feels very soothing and nourishing.

Sephora Shea Lip Mask: Sheet masks are all the rage right now. This mask is the shape of your mouth, and then some, yup it is pretty big. I tend to use a lip scrub before I use this, as it doesn't get rid of flaky skin. It is more of a nourishing and hydrating treatment that leaves the lips feeling soft and supple.
A bit gimmicky, well yes maybe a tad - but I do love incorporating it into my lip pamper routine.

So what are your go-to products to get the perfect pout?

                           
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. I love a good lip scrub, it makes such a difference! Have never used a lip mask so I need to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such dry lips after Winter and a cold, I want to try the H&M scrub as it sounds really nice.

    Amy - http://fourcatsplusus.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice, I totally agree my lips are so sore too.xx

      Delete
  3. Amazing post! I really like the sound of the HM scrub! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gem, I love that it isn't over rough but leaves the lip super smooth and soft. xx

      Delete
  4. The only lip scrubs I've ever tried are the ones from Lush but I'll definitely have to try the H&M one!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of people seem to be bringing out lip masks this year, I have never tried one. I absolutely LOVE the lanolips though - the 101 balm is my go-to x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the 101 balm, I have had my one so long. I really love it and it lasts forever xx

      Delete
  6. I love the original Lano Lips balm and my trusty Carmex. I really want to try the new MAC scrub collection too. I've never tried a lip mask before though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love LanoLips, their exclusive net-a-porter range was fab!

    Kenzie x
    Kenzie | LemonaidLies - Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo i never seen that, I could imagine it was fab though. xxx

      Delete
  8. The lip scrub sounds so good and one I think I need to try.

    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do I not have a lip pamper routine? I feel like I've been missing out here! I picked up a couple of those lip masks too, I really need to try them! They look like fun if nothing else!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are so fun and do feel super nice on the lips. xx

      Delete
  10. oh nice one! I'm only building that routine - those tips are priceless for me!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't used any of these but they sound great, the mask is fab and I'd love to try that, my youngest daughter has sore lips at the moment so I'll be showing her this post :) great post as always xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got my eye on that H&M lip scrub, it sounds great!

    Georgia x
    www.georgiahathaway.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I suffer from dry lips so bad in the winter and I use the lush lip scrub with the Dr Paw Paw balm 🐯

    Annie xx | www.musingsofamakeupjunkie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really wanna try the Sephora mask! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. FINALLY! a post about chapped lips haha. I've been struggling since I got the cold at the beginning of the year, I'll definitely give these a try x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig