22 December 2016

Christmas Cheer!

I have always loved Christmas, when I was younger it was obvs because a load of presents were involved, but now it has a truly different meaning to me.

I thought I would chat about some elements that make Christmas time so special, and why I love embracing and enjoying every moment this month brings. It is nice to sit back and soak in all the gorgeous elements December brings.



Season of good will: I love how the majority of people are kinder, happier and have a more positive approach in December. (Minus the crazy people shopping like lunatics on Christmas Eve).
There is a festive buzz in the air that is so contagious, it makes me want to squeal. People are excited, creative and more giving. I really like humans around this time of year. Especially the ones who give a little back to those who are less fortunate.

Traditions: I love festive traditions, from the youngest child getting to put the star on the tree, making Christmas cards and mince pies, to snuggling on the couch watching Home Alone on Christmas Eve. I mean this is the stuff that stays with you forever, it is time together with your nearest and dearest - and this is just something that money cant buy. Moving onto.....

Family time: Over the Christmas period the majority of us get to spend more time with our loved ones, this is much needed time, filled with food, laughter, and basically plenty of slobbing around playing board games, and watching re-runs of Only Fools and Horses. It's the simple things huh? Memories.

Festive Food: Yes as if I wasn't going to mention FOOD, because like when else is it acceptable to eat a tray of Costco mince pies and roast everything in Goose Fat?

Presents: I love shopping for gifts for my nearest and dearest. I love spending time sourcing things I think they will love, and then seeing their faces Christmas day. I never thought I would believe my Mum all them years ago when she said giving is much better than receiving, but damn that women is always right.

Children: I am so lucky to have a little 4 year old boy who is in awe of everything Christmas related. Children make Christmas, they are engrossed and consumed by the whole shabang. I always try and be around as many children as possible this time of year as their excitement and enthusiasm is infectious.

End of the year: The month of December is the final month of the year, and for me it is a time of reflection. Reflecting on the good and the bad that has happened in the year gone by. I always try and focus on the positive things that have happened, and by doing so It helps me to grow, set my goals and aims for the New Year ahead. TIS ALL VERY EXCITING!

Decorations: Seeing the streets lite up, City Centres draped in decorations, and the humungous Christmas trees, well its enough to make even Scrooge crack a smile. Putting your tree up and deccies is the most stressful, non enjoyable thing ever. But well it wouldn't be Christmas if it was any other way?

I hope you all have the best Christmas ever, thank you as always for reading.


                              






SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This is a lovely post, I think a tray of mince pies is perfectly acceptable ha ha, and quite a few honey roasted cashews in my case ;) I love all the lights too, seeing everyones houses lit up and the shop windows looking so pretty too, we have a little local card shop and their window is beautiful every year and it always makes me feel so festive. My nephew is 4 and he had his first school nativity this year so that was lovely and I'm already looking forward to next year :) Christmas is such a special time of year :) xxx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, hope you had the best Christmas. xxxx

      Delete
  2. I love all of these, especially the tray of mince pies! I love mince pies, they're my favourite sweet treat at Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig