24 November 2016

CHRISTMAS FOOD BOX APPEAL

After the huge success of last years Christmas Beauty Box Appeal, (more info here).

I thought that this year I would try and get you lovely lot to donate some Christmas themed hamper boxes.
I know it shocks everyone to the core that this day in age, a very large amount of people right through our communities are dependent on food banks.



The Trussel Trust has four food banks in Liverpool, with the South Liverpool site feeding 3890 people in the past year. One-in-five in our society are living below the poverty line. This is a shocking statistic, and I thought that this appeal in particular, would be beneficial to so many people right across our city.

So what can you do to help?

There is an example of my box, above and below but please feel free to put what you want in yours, (nothing perishable, or any refrigerated, or frozen foods) and with it being around Christmas, I thought it would be nice to add some traditional Christmas treats into the mix.
The box will need to be accessible, so a cardboard box covered with film that can be easily removed is the best bet I feel.


I know people can be so busy this time of year, so I will happily collect all boxes in the Liverpool area and distribute them across the four Trussel Trust food banks in Liverpool. Or if you are local to one, and feel more comfortable dropping it yourself, please do. You can group together and drop at one persons house or venue? There was a mixture of all the above last year, whatever is easiest for you.

Last Christmas's appeal was a huge success and all beauty boxes were donated to Local Solutions, and the WhiteChapel Charity and I can't thank you all enough. The staff at Local Solutions and WhiteChapel were just over the moon, and absolutely overwhelmed with the donations. The ladies who received the boxes were elated to have something to open on Christmas morning.



If you need anymore information please email me on antonia@allurelavie.com or contact me via any of my social media sites.

It really is as easy as filling a box up with food, and me picking it up. 

The deadline for collections will be the 12th of December 2016, this will give me plenty of time to drop them off at the Food Bank, and this gives The Trussel Trust enough time to distribute them to the people who need them most.

I really hope you can help in any way. More about The Trussel Trust and what they do, can be found here


                          




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. You are so amazing to do this! I wish I lived nearer Liverpool so I could help, but I do donate to our local food bank throughout the year xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig