21 October 2016

Food: Mini Pecan & Pumpkin Pies

I remember when I was younger, I used to think what the hell is pumpkin pie? Well I thought it sounded disgusting. I didn't have a clue that it was a sweet dish, and imagined that gravy was poured all over it. YUK!

How wrong I was?

Pureed pumpkin has become something I love so much, and teamed with all spice, nutmeg and cinnamon, well it is just a match made in heaven. I cheated with these little delights, and used ready- made mini-pastry-cases. But the filling is all mine, and the star of the show - and here is the recipe.

pumpkin and pecan pies

Mini Pecan & Pumpkin Pies

Ingredients:
Half a tin of pureed pumpkin
Tablespoon of cinnamon
Tablespoon of nutmeg
Tablespoon of all spice.
75g of creme fraiche
100g pecans
2 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of butter

Method:

1) To a bowl add the pureed pumpkin, all spice, cinnamon, nutmeg and creme fraiche - mix together.

2) Add the pumpkin mix to the pastry cases. (This mix filled 10 mini pastry cases).

3) Pop on a baking tray, and put in the oven for 15 minutes on 180oC (gas mark 5).

4) To a pan add the sugar and butter and cook on a low heat until the butter is melted, then add the pecans, coat with the sauce - and take off the heat.

5) Remove the pumpkin pies, wait for 10 minutes till they are cool, and then top with the pecans.

pumpkin and pecan pies

I then add a dollop of creme fraiche and a sprinkling of all spice, and ta-da all done.

These are so perfect with a cuppa, the creaminess of the pumpkin with the sugary crunchy pecans, work together AMAZINGLY.

What are your favourite pumpkin recipes? Do share, I am officially pumpkin mad.
                                 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous photos as always! They sound delicious and I don't even like pumpkin I know I'm mental haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I think you would once you tried these haha! Xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig