19 July 2016

Beauty: The Body Shop Vitamin C Daily Glow Cleansing Polish & Glow Booster Microdermabrasion Review


I am back at you with another offering from the The Body Shop.

I was invited to their blogger event in Liverpool 1 the beginning of the May, and told the lovely ladies that my skin was a little dull, and they all raved about the Vitamin C range. 

With a 3 for 2 offer on, I took full advantage and picked up 3 items from the range. Today I will be talking about the Vitamin C Daily Glow Cleansing Polish and the Vitamin C Glow Boosting Microdermabrasion

vitamin C body shop review


I admit, I was so intrigued by description of the both products. Anything with "glow" on well I am all over.

The Vitamin C range uses Amazonian Camu Camuberries one of the worlds most potent sources of Vitamin C. Vitamin C boasts amazing skincare benefits including: helps boost collagen, improves skins natural healing process, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, and also helps protect from pollution. The products are targeted for people with tired, dull and grumpy skin. All been there right?

Vitamin C Daily Glow Cleansing Polish

The cleanser is an off white grey colour, with micro-beads in. There is not many micro-beads through the formula, so the sensation on the skin is enjoyable, just steer clear of the whole eye area. It is a foam type of cleanser, that smells amazing - like juicy oranges. 

I don't usually like foam cleansers, but as this is thick it doesn't lather up, or feel like a giant bubble bath is residing all over your face. It feels like it is giving the skin a deep clean, and the scent and sensation is uplifting and invigorating. Your skin feels firm, and dead skin cells are definitely buffed away, as the skin feels super smooth, refreshed, and soft after using.

Personally I found using it every morning for a week, well my skin was a little dry. Now don't get me wrong I really like this product, but for me, I would only use a couple of times a week as my skin is super dry anyway. So a one off treatment for dry or dehydrated skin, and people with oily/combination skin could maybe use daily. 

Vitamin C Glow Boosting Microdermabrasion

The microdermabrasion is basically an exfoliator. Similar to the cleanser it has micro-beads but they feel smaller, more are packed in, and it feels gritty. The consistency is a cream, and it is a shade or two darker than the cleanser. It has exactly the same juicy orange smell. It feels like it is giving the skin an intense scrub, but not in a harsh way.

I massage with two fingers on both hands around the face, focusing on the T-Zone, then rinse off. This was not enough as some of the product, and micro-beads were still on the skin, so I used a warm wet flannel to remove the excess. My skin feels super soft after each use, and it does appear to have a glowy, radiant, and more even skin tone, after using it.

I found that it is great for any spots that have turned dry, or not budging, I see huge improvements when I use this combo, in regards to them buggering off.

It is recommended you use it twice a week, like above, if you have oily or combination skin I would follow these instructions, as I don't, well once a week is enough for me.

I really like both products, and I don't mind using them once or twice a week for an intense treatment in regards to buffing dead skin cells away and making my skin soft, and supple. I tend to use the evening before a night out, or after a late night, as it does leave the skin feeling squeaky clean, soft, refreshed and rejuvinated.

But hey all you oily/combo prone skin babes, well I think this may be the bomb for you, to use on a daily basis.

Have you tried anything from the Vitamin C range? I would love to hear your thoughts.

I have a review of their Oils of life Facial Oil here if you fancy a nose.
                    


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ooo, these sound lush! I definitely need to branch out more at Body Shop. I live for their Vitamin E toner and I'm determined to pick up their Vit.E moisturiser as so many people have raved about it to me. I also love anything that brightens my complexion and gives me that much-loved glow! x

    Kirsty - Life in Excess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I have just started the tonic serum thingy haha. Will report back. :o)

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig